Tata Safari Storme Facelift Leaked
Tata Safari Storme facelift is all set for launch in the month of May after the release of the GenX Nano. The facelifted model has been delayed due to unknown reasons for a long time now. Unfortunately for Tata, the delay in launch meant that its rivals could play catch up. This means that the Safari Storme does not get the crucial upgrades and features which are now present in its competitors.
Tata has already dispatched the car to showrooms. They are now planning an aggressive three week media campaign which includes print campaigns and radio campaigns. The car will also be promoted on social media platforms and a contest will be run. A “Safari Upgrade Campaign” will also be launched targeting 1.21 lakh Safari owners. The key features of the new car are listed below.
- A new 2.2 litre Varicor turbo diesel engine that makes a maximum power of 150 PS, which is 10 more what the current Dicor engine makes. There is no change in the toque output which still stands at 320 Nm. The car is expected to return 14.1 kmpl which is an ARAI rating.
- A new Infotainment system by Harman with six speakers which can play music from the radio, a CD, USB, AUX, iPod. It also gets Bluetooth connectivity. The LCD screen also shows reverse parking sensor display.
- An upgraded black interior with silver accents and new seat fabrics. The Storme gets a new multifunction steering wheel which seems to have picked from the Zest/Bolt. It also gets a slightly tweaked exterior.
- An All Terrain 4X4 system with Shift on Fly that allows you to shift on the move. The toggle for the all wheel drive system is now positioned on the centre console.
- Other features include a new flip key with various functions, and electrically operated heated ORVMs with electric retract.
Source – MotorBeam